Website Accessibility Policy
Thank you for visiting the County of Hawai‘i’s Department of Environmental Management’s web site. This web site is provided as a public service. In an effort to reach the broadest base of the public, the County of Hawai‘i will strive to design its web pages to facilitate access to persons with disabilities wherever practical and feasible.
We will make every effort to incorporate the following features where possible and practical into new material added to this web site:
- General disability access information shall be available at the top of each main content section so that users accessing the section via assistive technology such as Braille assisted browsers can obtain accessibility information pertinent to that section.
- A text equivalent shall be provided for key graphic elements and buttons.
- A text summary will be provided for multimedia presentations.
- Web pages shall be designed so that information required for navigation and meaning is not dependent upon specific colors.
- Web pages shall be designed so that information required for meaning is not dependent upon sounds.
In addition, as time permits, the County will review web pages that were designed and implemented in the past. Retroactive modification to these pages under the above guidelines will be made where possible and practical.
The reader is cautioned that the nature of the material presented in the web site can fall into formats that do not lend to modification for accessibility access. Such formats can include maps, tables, charts, photographs, drawings, image files, and PDF files. Where possible and practical, the County will provide a text description of the material. If you have difficulty accessing the information on this webpage or wish to request it in another format, please contact the Webmaster.
If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you need to install it before you can view and print the downloadable PDF files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded to your computer by clicking on the button:
Get Adobe Reader
As a convenience to our visitors, we may provide links from within our web site to other web sites where related information may be found that may be of interest. If you link to any of these external web sites, please be aware that these sites may not be designed with accessibility features in mind and may not follow the specific accessibility features that the County of Hawai‘i has adopted. Links to external sites are provided solely at the discretion of the County of Hawai‘i and may be revised at any time.
Please e-mail our webmaster for feedback or suggestions on accessibility issues:
Webmaster or call 323-4412 or 961-8554