March 5, 2023
Bring your own automotive fluids, chemicals and poisons and other hazardous household wastes to the Pāhoa Recycling & Transfer Station collection area on March 5th, 2023. Business, farm, non-profit or government agency waste are NOT allowed by law. Wastes collected by a business or non-profit from households are NOT allowed by law. Electronic waste (e-waste), latex (water-based) paint and tires are also NOT allowed. For full details on what materials are and are not accepted please visit our Household Hazardous Waste page. Certain restrictions/limitations apply.
Physical Distancing Rules For Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Events
These rules are for your safety and the safety of the staff conducting these events. Please kōkua and thank you for doing your part to keep these events safe for all participants.
- Remain in your vehicle unless directed by authorized personnel.
- Prior to arriving at the event, place your HHW items in your trunk or truck bed. Make sure your trunk can be unlocked or opened remotely. If you don’t have a trunk or truck bed, preferably place your materials in unlocked unoccupied backseat area.
- NO Container Returns. Due to infection transmission hazard all containers brought to the event will not be returned and should be disposable. If you want to keep your container transfer the material into a safe disposable container prior to the event.
- To minimize interactions, please label your HHW items (if possible) and make sure that your HHW items are easily distinguishable and separate from anything else in your trunk or truck bed.
- Six (6) foot physical distancing is required. Facial masks (cover nose & mouth) are recommended.
- If you are feeling ill or showing symptoms of illness please consider postponing your participation in our event or designate someone else to drop off your materials.
There will not be a concurrent collection at this event for reusable latex (water-based) paints. Take your reusable latex paints to the Kea‘au Reuse Center at the Kea‘au Recycling & Transfer Station year-round, call 498-8726. If your latex paint is junk/unusable solidify it completely and dispose with your regular rubbish.
Customers should pack their items in spill-proof containers and be careful when transporting them to the event. When at the event please remain in your vehicle in line until authorized personnel come to unload your vehicle. For your safety and the safety of those around you please do not walk your hazardous materials over to the authorized personnel in the restricted area, this precaution is to prevent spillage, accidents and ensure fairness to those already waiting in line. Mahalo for your kōkua.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication (including language interpreting) or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in this event should contact Chris at 961-8554 as soon as possible, but no later February 23, 2023.
15-1870 Cemetery Road
Pāhoa, HI 96778