May 1, 2020 – June 1, 2020
Residential Load Restrictions at Transfer Stations effective May 1, 2020:
Transfer Station Rubbish Load Restrictions:
- Maximum 1 (residential) load PER DAY and;
- Maximum 3 cubic yards of trash per load;
- 3 cubic yards is the equivalent of a full-sized pickup truck with an 8-foot bed filled up to the side rails.
- Note: Businesses cannot use the transfer stations, and must use the East Hawai‘i Sanitary Landfill (Hilo) or West Hawai‘i Sanitary Landfill (Waikoloa)
Two-Bin Recycling Hours At County Transfer Stations:
- Collection of Two-Bin recyclables (corrugated cardboard, brown paper bags and non-HI-5 glass containers) will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only, effective May 1, 2020.
Expanded Collection of Greenwaste is Postponed:
- The Division will notify the public when greenwaste collection at Hāwī, Honoka‘a and Keauhou Transfer Stations will be implemented, once the restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic have been lifted.
Please visit our www.hawaiizerowaste.org website for locations and future closure information.